Legal Services Overview
- Wind energy project leases, access and transmission easements, co-development agreements, licenses, and related real property agreements
- Utility-scale and distributed generation solar energy project property leases, purchase and sale agreements, options, and easements
- Title and survey review and analysis, and title curative instruments
- Environmental and permitting diligence in connection with EPC agreements, consulting contracts, O&M agreements, asset purchase and sale agreements, membership interest purchase agreements, investments, and other corporate transactions relating to the operation, transfer and sale of renewable energy projects
- Due diligence investigations of title and real estate assets for solar and wind energy transaction
Representative Transactions: Solar Energy Projects
- Counseled public transit authority on proposed lease of transit property for third-party owned solar energy system.
- Represented solar developer in licensing school district property for development and operation of community solar energy project.
- Drafted and negotiated purchase and lease option agreements for multiple solar energy projects for international solar energy developer.
- Supported sale of utility-scale solar energy project to national solar energy company.
- Represented EPC contractor in successful negotiation of contract for engineering, procurement, and construction of solar PV facility.
- Drafted and negotiated solar energy lease agreements for two 20-MW, utility-scale solar photovoltaic (PV) projects on behalf of national solar energy developer and operator.
- Represented developer in solar lease agreements and power purchase agreements for distributed-generation PV project located at international airport.
- Drafted and negotiated engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract, solar energy lease, and related agreements for ground-mount utility-scale projects on behalf of international solar developer.
- Represented distributed generation PV developer in drafting solar equipment lease agreement, access agreements, and maintenance contracts for parking lot shade PV project.
- Represented major solar energy project owner in co-development agreement negotiations with local solar developer.
Representative Transactions: Wind Energy
- Conducted title and survey review, and provided curative documents, for multiple utility-scale wind energy projects.
- Represented developer in drafting and negotiating public land lease for bid in connection with renewable energy development.
- Conducted title and survey review and undertook title curative efforts for multiple wind project properties.
- Represented international energy company in negotiating leases and purchase option agreements for 100+ MW project.
- Provided real estate and title support to developer-operator in sale of 60 and 100 MW+ wind energy projects in Klickitat County, Washington with respect to real property assets and title due diligence.
- Represented major buyers of wind energy real property and related project assets.
- Provided real estate and title support to international wind-energy corporation in sale of subsidiary company with multiple project assets.
- Represented lender in title and real property due diligence for multimillion dollar construction loan on Morrow County, Oregon wind project.
- Conducted environmental and federal permitting due diligence investigation on behalf of tax equity investors and construction lenders
- Represented landowner in negotiating transmission and access agreement for joint wind energy project development.
- Represented developer in exercising options and amending leases for newly acquired assets in wind project.
- Represented Oregon irrigation district secure financing for a small hydroelectric project through state and federal funding sources.
- Represented major wind energy developer in drafting and negotiating a wake impact agreement with neighboring developer.
- Represented international broker of renewable energy credits in negotiating a consulting agreement with third-party independent contractor.
- Represented internationally owned wind developers in compliance with state and federal laws relating to foreign interests in agricultural laws.
- Advised client on environmental risks in purchase of contaminated property associated with small scale hydro project.