Legal Services and Representative Transactions
- Wind energy project leases, access and transmission easements, co-development agreements, licenses, and related real property agreements.
- Utility-scale and distributed generation solar energy project property agreements.
- Title and survey review and analysis, and title curative instruments.
- Environmental and permitting diligence in connection with EPC agreements, consulting contracts, O&M agreements, asset purchase, and sale agreements, membership interest purchase agreements, investments, and other corporate transactions relating to the operation, transfer, and sale of renewable energy projects.
- Due diligence investigations of title and real estate assets.
Solar Energy Projects
- Counseled public transit authority on the proposed lease of transit property for a third-party-owned solar energy system.
- Represented solar developer in licensing school district property for development and operation of community solar energy project.
- Drafted and negotiated the purchase and lease option agreements for multiple solar energy projects for international solar energy developers.
- Supported sale of utility-scale solar energy projects to a national solar energy company.
- Represented EPC contractor in the successful negotiation of a contract for engineering, procurement, and construction of a solar PV facility.
- Drafted and negotiated solar energy lease agreements for two 20-MW, utility-scale solar photovoltaic (PV) projects on behalf of a national solar energy developer and operator.
- Represented developer in solar lease agreements and power purchase agreements for distributed-generation PV projects located at an international airport.
- Drafted and negotiated engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contracts, solar energy leases, and related agreements for ground-mount utility-scale projects on behalf of an international solar developer.
- Represented distributed generation PV developer in drafting solar equipment lease agreement, access agreements, and maintenance contracts for parking lot shade PV project.
- Represented major solar energy project owners in co-development agreement negotiations with the local solar developer.
- Conducted title and survey review and provided curative documents for multiple utility-scale wind energy projects.
- Represented developer in drafting and negotiating the public land lease for bid in connection with renewable energy development.
- Conducted title and survey review and undertook title curative efforts for multiple wind project properties.
- Represented international energy company in negotiating leases and purchase option agreements for 100+ MW projects.
- Provided real estate and title support to developer-operator in the sale of 60 and 100 MW+ wind energy projects in Klickitat County, Washington with respect to real property assets and title due diligence.
- Represented major buyers of wind energy real property and related project assets.
- Provided real estate and title support to the international wind-energy corporation in the sale of a subsidiary company with multiple project assets.
- Represented lender in the title and real property due diligence for a multimillion-dollar construction loan on Morrow County, Oregon wind project.
- Conducted environmental and federal permitting due diligence investigation on behalf of tax equity investors and construction lenders.
- Represented landowner in negotiating transmission and access agreement for joint wind energy project development.
- Represented developer in exercising options and amending leases for newly acquired assets in a wind project.
- Represented Oregon irrigation district secure financing for a small hydroelectric project through state and federal funding sources.
- Represented major wind energy developer in drafting and negotiating a wake impact agreement with the neighboring developer.
- Represented international broker of renewable energy credits in negotiating a consulting agreement with a third-party independent contractor.
- Represented internationally owned wind developers in compliance with state and federal laws relating to foreign interests in agricultural laws.
- Advised client on environmental risks in the purchase of contaminated property associated with a small-scale hydro project.